From Cancun to Cozumel there's loads to do on your Mexico vacation. However, since there is so much to do and so little time you have to limit yourself to a few things only. I've sorted out the best of the best experiences that any visitor to Mexico must engage in. Try to fit in as many of the below as you possibly can on your vacation and you can rest assured of having a great time.
1. Take a few shots of the national Mexican drink - Tequila. If you didn't already know it you'll find out that Tequila comes in three grades: joven, reposado and anejo. The latter of the three is the most expensive and the smoothest. Worth a shot on your Mexican vacation wouldn't you say?
2. Go snorkeling in the shallow reefs of the immaculate waters of Quintana Roo. This is one experience that will take your vacation to Mexico to deeper levels.
3. Visit the Palenque ruins in the state of Chiapas and get immersed in the foggy mysticism of ancient Mayan ruins. A chance to visit the ceremonial center of one of the world's oldest civilizations is too good to miss.
4. Take a swim at Cancun. Yes, it is overly commercialized and yes, it is really crowded. But a classic is a classic and there's no beach like Cancun.
5. Head out to Guadalajara and take in a live, Mariachi band to bring life to your vacation in Mexico. You could also learn the Mexican Hat Dance in the second largest city in the country.
6. Enjoy the famous divers of La Quebrada as they jump off extraordinary heights into the ocean waters. Nerve wrecking and thrilling this is a sight to behold.
7. Acapulco is also a city worth visiting on your vacation to Mexico. The nightlife is legendary and this city is a wonderful place to mingle with the local crowd.
8. Spend 16 hours riding the Chihuahua-Pacific Railway and soak in natural Mexico in all its glory. You'll pass through 86 tunnels, over 39 bridges and get to stop at Copper Canyon. With over 20 canyons greater than the Grand Canyon this is one massive sight to see.
9. Take a pilgrimage to the Basilica on your hands and knees. The Feast of our Lady of Guadalupe is celebrated every 12th of December. She is considered the strongest connection between the Catholic and the non-Catholic communities.
10. Go whale watching in Baja California. Lots of pristine, white beaches, looming cliffs and gorgeous bays this is a great stretch of Mexico.
Mexico vacation can be as active or as relaxed as you want it to be. While there are plenty of things to do, you could just as easily spend the days soaking in the sun and lazing around while sipping the best Tequila in the world.
Samet Bilir writes about technology trends, digital camera reviews, and photography, such as best camera backpacks and SDHC WiFi SanDisk. To read more articles from him visit his website at www.chi-photography.com.
Other Related Guides
- Forget About Paris - 8 New Romantic Holiday Cities Uncovered
- It's Not All About Height! Choosing the Best Place in Europe to Ski Late in the Season.
- Saving Money Tips for Your Next Holiday
- Great Cities to Host a Conference
- Tips for the Perfect Relaxing Trip to Bath
- Greatest Ever Motorbiking Holidays
- A great golf holiday is a fantastic way to improve your game, to enjoy playing in some completely unique and across some famous courses.
- Why Should You Still Go To Greece On Your Summer Holiday?
- How to Save Big Bucks When Your Travelling With The Family
- 2012 wish list: See Northern Lights
- Hotels: How to Get More Bang for Your Buck
- Last Minute Travel Tips
- Five Reasons Your Next Family Holiday Should Be a Road Trip