Bangkok is still going strong as the destination of choice for gap year students, weary office workers and every other shade of hedonist you can imagine. We’ve picked three of the best Bangkok activities for you to try when you visit this gorgeous city.
1. The Floating Markets at Damoan Saduak
The floating markets offer a chance to explore the tasty produce of the Thai countryside. The vendors man little canoes which are packed to the brim with all sorts of tasty fruits, vegetables and cooked foodstuffs. This trip is as popular as you might imagine, and consequently, don’t be surprised if some of the produce on offer isn’t as typically Thai as you might have hoped! The local markets will cater to what they believe the tourists want, so expect to find some souvenirs and Western exports amongst the Thai food.
2. Get custom-made clothes
Thai-Indians seem to have cornered the bespoke clothing market. You can choose from the tailor’s book of patterns or give them some magazine cuttings to show them what you’re after. You’ll have the option of choosing the cut, colour and cloth of your outfit. It’s best to having a couple of fittings to make sure that your new clothes really do fit you perfectly, but there’s no better way to bring home new clothes from your travels abroad.
3. All night Thai dance party
Let’s face it. Most people head to Thailand for the beach parties and the raucous nightlife. Thailand also has glossy nightclubs to rival any other city in the world. Bed Supperclub for example, is a mixed bar and restaurant which – hold the phone – has large, white-sheeted beds for sitting and drinking upon. It’s a very decadent affair with hot pink lighting, famous cocktails and a roster of DJ’s to put any Western superclub to shame. Well, this is Thailand after all. Other clubs to check out include 808 and Q Bar.
Are you planning a trip to Thailand? What do you think you will enjoy most? As a city, Bangkok also boasts an excellent metro system and a cultural life that is regenerating as individualism and new creative arts grow.
Other Related Guides
- New Zealand's Gem - Beautiful Taranaki
- It's Not All About Height! Choosing the Best Place in Europe to Ski Late in the Season.
- Tips for the Perfect Relaxing Trip to Bath
- Saving Money Tips for Your Next Holiday
- Hotels: How to Get More Bang for Your Buck
- Great Cities to Host a Conference
- 2013 Travel Guide to Athens
- 10 Things You Must Do on Your Vacation to Mexico
- Last Minute Travel Tips
- Five Reasons Your Next Family Holiday Should Be a Road Trip
- A great golf holiday is a fantastic way to improve your game, to enjoy playing in some completely unique and across some famous courses.
- Thaïlande: Le Pays du Sourire et de la Spiritualité
- Thailand: The Land of Smiles and Spirituality
- Forget About Paris - 8 New Romantic Holiday Cities Uncovered
- Camping Holidays in the UK - Three Locations that Kids will Love
- Why Should You Still Go To Greece On Your Summer Holiday?